Thursday, June 3, 2010

Bittersweet

Passing on is bittersweet.

My Grandma Russell passed away today. Even though I will miss her dearly, she gets to be with Grandpa again. My grandparents were two of the most amazing people I ever met. They had one of the most amazing marriages. I remember Grandpa telling me about their first fight. They went to bed without resolving the fight and Grandpa felt so bad that he promised to not ever have that happen again. I do not think they ever had another 'fight'. Disagreements for sure, but they always worked everything out. Even after more than 50 years of marriage they would hold hands when a prayer was said. They were a very happy couple. I hope to someday be as great of an example as they were.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry for your loss, Kathy. I love how optimistic you remain. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help. I sure love you guys. You're in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete