Today is my 21st birthday! Today I was reflecting on how birthdays change from when we are kids, teens, and then adults. Here is what I came up with.
As kids we want cakes made out of our favorite TV characters, parties with bright streamers and balloons, and lots of presents. A barbie or hot wheels car will do nicely. : )
As teenagers, sometimes birthdays aren't even 'cool' but if they are we want a huge party with tons of friends and food and of course cake!
As adults, things seem to change. (at least being a mom) Instead of getting a cake made for us, we have to make the cake if we want one. We get excited for presents like being able to pay bills and getting the a/c in the car fixed! (I was super excited for this one!) Birthday dinner is the extent of partying, and going to bed early sounds like the best thing in the world.
My favorite part of my birthday is that it is the day after my husbands. (I only have to make one cake for the two of us : ) ) The last two days have been wonderful...except for the little episode where our neighbor blew up and swore at Skyler for about ten minutes...but I'll save that story for another day. I hope everyone had a wonderful week! I know I did : )
No comments:
Post a Comment