1. Property Ladder
My FAVORITE! There are a few drama queens, but for the most part it's people getting their butts kicked by realty. People who know nothing about contracting, plumbing, flooring, etc try to do things themselves. Entertaining and I learn a lot. Some day I'd love to flip a house.
2. Say Yes to the DressSomeone once asked me why I watched this show because I was already married so there's no point...I heartily disagree! I love all the different dresses...none are modest, but they are gorgeous! ...well not all of them...I have seen some horrid dresses, but most of them are beautiful.
3. What Not to Wear
I have learned so much from this show. I like how they tell women you don't have to be "trendy" but buy classy pieces that will work for a long time. And $5000 will certainly buy you a lot of classy pieces and hopefully pieces that will last a long time.
4. Trading Spaces
This show hasn't been around for a while, and the longer the show ran the dorkier the episodes got. But the earlier episodes were awesome! I used to think $1000 wasn't that much money. Now I think, I can redo almost my entire apartment for $1000! (Thanks to craigslist and garage sales, hey it's vintage! just add a couple coats of paint and it looks brand new!)5. Cake Boss
This made the list for the cakes only! The show is way too dramatic and over rated. The cakes are amazing! Any favorites? I think one of my favorites was a fire truck and a burning building. They took apart a toy truck to get all the blinking lights and sirens and used dry ice for the smoke. Genius!